We’ve got everyone’s back!
We believe in improving the world around us, starting with the members, companies and communities we serve. As we grow in membership and geographic reach, so too does our desire to give back. BCU’s charitable giving supports nonprofit causes in:
- Financial education & empowerment
- Overall community well-being
BCU contributes to faith-based organizations on the condition that contributions are used to enhance services to the community in which the organization operates and are in accordance with BCU’s specific areas of focus. BCU contributions may not be used for religious purposes or to serve a limited constituency.
If you have a worthy cause, apply now!
BCU charitable support will not be provided to:
- Any group which is not qualified as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Groups seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips or conventions
- Advertising, promotional events or sponsorship of athletic teams
- Lobbying, partisan or denominational groups
- Endowment campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Sponsorship for individuals participating in cause-related events such as walks, runs and conferences
- Sponsorships submitted by a third party on behalf of an organization
- Individual elementary and secondary schools.
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact your local Credit Union service center.
All eligible nonprofit organizations seeking consideration for support are required to complete the online BCU Charitable Giving Application. Telephone/Fax applications will not be accepted.
You’ll need to include:
- Organization, contact name, address and 501(c)(3) documentation (if applicable)
- Statement of your organization’s history and purpose
- Amount requested
- Purpose/intended use for the contribution
- A budget for the organization and/or specific project
- Copies of the organization’s most recent, audited financial statement
- A list of the organization’s board members and other corporate/foundation contributors
- A demographic description of the group(s) you serve
- Names, if any, of BCU employee(s) connected with your organization or project
- A list of accrediting agencies, if applicable
- A description of how BCU will be acknowledged for our contribution.
If you have a question about the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact your local BCU service center.Apply today