Lou and BCU – your home savings partners.
Lou Manfredini is an American television/radio personality and home improvement expert. The Chicago-area native is the host of House Smarts TV, Chicago's WGN (AM) Radio's Mr. Fix-It program and is a contributor on NBC's Today Show. Lou has partnered with BCU to bring you special home improvement – and home savings – tips and tricks.
Home Buying Help with Lou Manfredini
Advice from Lou Manfredin on buying a home.
Check back here for more money smart house tips from Lou or visit his HouseSmarts website.
Financial Management Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Mortgage Process
- Getting Started with the Mortgage Process
- Homebuyer Do's And Don'ts
- Mortgage Term Glossary
- Types of Mortgages
- Simple DIY Renovations to add Value to Your Home
- Who’s Who in Your Mortgage Process?
Calculators and Interactive Tools
- How Can I Reduce Mortgage Insurance Costs?
- How Much Should I Put Down for a New Home?
- How Much Should I Set Aside for Emergencies?
- Should I Use a Home Equity Loan Instead of an Auto Loan?
- What Home Can I Afford?
- What Will It Take to Save for a Vehicle, Home, etc.?
- Which is Better: 15- or 30- Year Loan Term?