Online Bill Pay FAQs
- What is Online Bill Pay?
- How does Online Bill Pay work?
- How do I enroll in Online Bill Pay?
- What type of account is required to set up Online Bill Pay?
- What methods are used to make payments?
- Why isnt the money immediately taken out of my account when I write a check?
- How secure is Online Bill Pay and my personal information?
- I have a question about how to use one of Online Bill Pay's features.
- What happens if Bill Pay overdraws my account?
- What is the cutoff time for scheduling same day payments and next day paper check payments?
What is Online Bill Pay?
Online Bill Pay lets you receive and pay bills online and with our Mobile Banking app for Apple® and Android™ powered devices. Examples might include utilities such as electric and gas companies, telephone companies, and service providers such as plumbers or gardeners.
How does Online Bill Pay work?
To begin using Online Bill Pay, you will need to set up your payee list by adding the payees to whom you want to make payments. Some payees can send electronic bills (ebills). You only need to add each payee once.
How do I enroll in Online Bill Pay?
To enroll, log in to Online Banking, click on the Pay Bills tab and complete the easy enrollment process.
See how easy it is.
Why isnt the money immediately taken out of my account when I write a check?
When you pay a bill online we provide you with the earliest date that the payment can be delivered. Typically, ACH payments are completed in one day while paper checks can take as much as 5 days. During the time that the transaction is being sent, the funds remain in your account allowing you to continue to earn interest. It is only when the payment is delivered that the Credit Union will debit the funds from your account.
What happens if Bill Pay overdraws my account?
If you are enrolled in ODP and payments are made on your behalf, you will incur the ODP fee for every payment that draws your account negative. If you are not enrolled in ODP, you will receive an NSF fee from Bill Pay and the payment will not be made.
What is the cutoff time for scheduling same day payments and next day paper check payments?
The cutoff time for scheduling both same day payments (offered by select billers) and next day paper check payments is 2 PM EST.