Unleash the powerful combination of dividends and ATM fee reimbursements with our best-in-class checking account.
With the Credit Union’s premier checking account, you will earn a high rate of interest and receive reimbursement of other banks’ ATM surcharges, all with no minimum balance requirements or monthly maintenance fees. PowerPlus Checking has it all
- 2.00% APY on balances up to $25,000 and 0.25% APY on balances over $25,0001
- Up to $10 per month in cash reimbursement of non-BCU ATM fees1.
- Direct Deposits totaling $500 per month
- 15 qualifying transactions per month (debit or credit card purchases, Online Billy Pay, or ACH payments)
- Enrollment in Online Statements.
What happens if you don’t meet the requirements? No sweat. There are still no minimum balance requirements or monthly maintenance fees. Plus, everyone with PowerPlus Checking will get these great account benefits:
- Free Visa ATM/Debit Card with Rewards redeemable for travel and merchandise
- Receive payroll funds up to 2 days earlier with Enhanced Direct Deposit™
- Free access to Online Banking, Online Bill Pay, Deposit Anywhere and Account Alerts
- Free overdraft transfers from your savings account
- Nationwide access to tens of thousands of surcharge-free ATMs
- And of course, no monthly balance required and no monthly maintenance fees!
1 Dividends and up to $10 ATM surcharge fee reimbursement will be earned if your account meets all of the following monthly requirements: Monthly direct deposit of at least $500 into your PowerPlus Checking account, enrollment in online statements with a valid email address, and completion of at least fifteen (15) transactions that include any combination of the following: BCU Debit Card PIN, Debit Card signature, credit card purchases, Online Bill Pay or ACH payments, which apply toward the monthly requirements in the month they post to your account. Credit card transactions that post on the last day of the month will be applied toward the following month’s transaction total. Accounts not meeting all monthly requirements will not earn dividends and will not receive ATM surcharge reimbursements. The dividend rate and annual percentage yield (APY) may change at any time. Balances up to $25,000 will earn the stated higher rate and the portion of the balance over $25,000 will earn the stated lower rate. See rate sheet or website for current rates. There is no minimum balance required to earn dividends. Dividends are paid monthly and calculated based on the average daily balance method. BCU reimburses up to $10 in other banks’ ATM surcharge fees each month. PowerPlus Checking is available as a personal account only and is limited to one account per member. If you do not have sufficient funds in your checking account to clear a presented item, funds may automatically transfer from another share and may count towards withdrawal limitations for that other share. (Regulation D dictates that electronic transfers from Savings are limited to six per month. Overdraft transfers are automated electronic transfers, which are subject to Regulation D rules. Each transfer in excess of six per month is subject to a $3 excessive withdrawal fee). See Service Charges and Fees Schedule in Deposit Account Agreement for further details.