Make your deposits easily and securely in a snap.
Deposit Anywhere eliminates the need to stand in line at a Service Center or mail checks to the Credit Union, giving you the flexibility to conveniently make secure deposits online anytime using your home scanner. Deposit Anywhere is available through Online Banking to qualified Credit Union members.
Requirements to use Deposit Anywhere:
- To qualify, you must be a member of the Credit Union for one month (minimum) and have account(s) in good standing.
- Enrollment in Online Banking
- Access to a desktop or laptop PC and a TWAIN compliant scanner.
Deposit Anywhere works with Internet Explorer (9 or above), Firefox and Safari.
Depositing a check
How to Use Deposit Anywhere:
1. Log in to Online Banking and select the “Deposit Anywhere” link on the right side under “My Accounts.” (Ineligible members will not see the “Deposit Anywhere” link.) If you have more than one account with the Credit Union, you will need to indicate which account you wish to make your deposit to.
- The first time you use this service, you will be asked to review and accept the Deposit Anywhere Service Disclosure and Agreement before you can proceed.
- Once you accept the agreement, you will be taken to the Deposit Anywhere “New Deposit” screen to make your deposit.
2. Once you select the Deposit to: account & click submit Deposit Anywhere will open in a new window. If you need assistance or clarification using Deposit Anywhere, there are help Links along the way to guide you.
3. Make sure to properly endorse the back of your check.
- The Payee’s signature
- The account number to which the check is being deposited
- “For Deposit via Deposit Anywhere”
- Today’s date (mm/dd/yyyy)
4. Select your scanner. It will need to be TWAIN compliant, and for best results, it’s recommended that your scanner resolution be set to 200 dpi.
5. Enter the total deposit amount, which should match the sum total dollar amounts of your scanned checks.
6. Scan the front and back of each check in your deposit. In some cases, you may need to rotate, flip or crop the image of the check. There are built-in tools within Deposit Anywhere, just below where the scan of your check appears, to perform any of these functions. If Deposit Anywhere identifies an error with the scanned image of the check, you will need to delete the invalid image using the button before rescanning.Tip: You might find that you get a more accurate scan of the back of your check, the first time, if you mark the 4 corners of your check with small Xs.
7. After you have scanned in the front and back of all your checks, click “Continue” and the system will verify that your check(s) is/are legible. You will then be taken to the “Deposit Review” screen.
8. Please make sure that all information is correct, including:
- Account you are making the deposit to
- Number of checks
- Total amount of the deposit
- Actual amount recognized by Deposit Anywhere, based on the combined sum of all scanned checks.
If there are any errors with the information you entered, they will be identified with a yellow triangle.The submit button will be disabled until all errors are corrected.
If there is any incorrect information, you will need to return to the scan screen and rescan your check to correct the deposit. Please be aware that incorrect information may lead to a review of your deposit and could lead to a delay in your deposit being accepted by the Credit Union. Availability of funds are based on the Funds Availability section within your Deposit Anywhere Service Disclosure and Agreement.
9. To submit your deposit, click “Submit Deposit”.
10. Print a copy of the deposit for your records. Once you’ve verified that the deposit has cleared through Online Banking, you should destroy the check after 90 days.
11. Select “Log off” or close the window to log out of the system.
After submitting a deposit:
- The transaction will post to your account immediately if no review is necessary. Otherwise, availability of funds are based on the Funds Availability section within your Deposit Anywhere Service Disclosure and Agreement.
- You will receive an email, to the address you have on file, notifying you if a check is rejected by the Credit Union for any reason. If it is, you will see the item listed in the “Pending Deposits” section at the bottom of the “New Deposits” page. This section will not appear on the screen unless you have an item to review.
- Once the Credit Union has approved your check, you will receive an email notifying you that the funds are available and should now appear in your account. (This process occurs instantly, but could be delayed in the rare case of a system outage.)
- Copies of checks deposited using Deposit Anywhere can be viewed by selecting the “Deposit History” link in the top right corner. You will be able to view past deposits online as far back as 18 months.
The exact steps may vary depending on whether you're using the desktop or mobile version of Deposit Anywhere. You can review all the specifications in our step-by-step guides: