We've Got Your Back—and theirs!
We believe in improving the world around us, starting with the members, companies and communities we serve. As we grow in membership and geographic reach, so too does our desire to give back. BCU charitable giving supports nonprofit causes in healthcare, community well-being, and financial education and empowerment.
All eligible nonprofit organizations seeking consideration for support are required to complete the online BCU Charitable Giving Application. Telephone/fax applications will not be accepted.
You'll need to include:
- Organization, contact name, address and 501(c)(3) documentation (if applicable)
- Statement of your organization's history and purpose
- Amount requested
- Purpose/intended use for the contribution
- A budget for the organization and/or specific project
- Copies of the organization's most recent, audited financial statement
- A list of the organization's board members and other corporate/foundation contributors
- A demographic description of the group(s) you serve
- Names, if any, of BCU employee(s) connected with your organization or project
- A list of accrediting agencies, if applicable
- A description of how BCU will be acknowledged for our contribution
BCU contributes to faith-based organizations on the condition that contributions are used to enhance services to the community in which the organization operates and are in accordance with BCU specific areas of focus. BCU contributions may not be used for religious purposes or to serve a limited constituency. Please check our funding limitations and procedures for more information.
Please allow 60 days to receive a response to your request. All decisions will be communicated by email to the address provided on the application. If you have a question about the application process, contact email@example.com.
Over the years, BCU has benefited numerous charities through advocacy, volunteering and monetary donations. A few of the causes currently supported included Special Olympics, Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, Ronald McDonald House and Angel Tree Program.
Know of a worthy organization? Apply now.
- Any group which is not qualified as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Groups seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips or conventions
- Advertising, promotional events or sponsorship of athletic teams
- Lobbying, partisan or denominational groups
- Endowment campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Sponsorship for individuals participating in cause-related events such as walks, runs and conferences
- Sponsorships submitted by a third party on behalf of an organization
- Individual elementary and secondary schools.
To ask about sponsorship opportunities, contact your local Credit Union Service Center.
The 2017 Scholarship Program is now closed.
Recipients will be announced in July. Please check back early next year for details regarding the 2018 application process.
Our commitment to education doesn't just mean helping members make sound decisions with their finances. We're also dedicated to helping young people in our Credit Union community further their studies.
That's why we're pleased to announce that BCU is once again granting up to 20 scholarships to high school seniors in the amount of $1,500 each.
Are you the perfect candidate? See our Eligibility and Processes for details.
Scholarships aren't the only way BCU can help pay for college. A student loan from the Credit Union can fill in gaps not covered by other forms of financial assistance. With low rates, flexible repayment terms, and no origination fee or pre-payment penalties, private student loans are one more example of how We've Got Your Back.