Update: The application period for BCU’s 2020 Scholarship Program has closed. Recipients will be notified by Aug 20, 2020. Check back in September to learn more about our winners!
BCU is committed to empowering high school seniors to become the leaders of tomorrow. And in the face of these turbulent times, our commitment is stronger than ever. In fact, we’re doubling down on it in 2020—literally.
We’ve doubled the total dollar amount we’re awarding this year while also increasing the number of scholarships available. In addition, for each completed application, we’ll donate $10 to the Feeding America® COVID-19 Response Fund. Every application provides meals for those in need!
Our 30 Scholarship Opportunities
- $5,000 Thomas W. Hodson Leader of Tomorrow Award
- $3,500 Samuel G. O’Kelly Memorial Award
- plus, 28 additional awards of $2,500 each
Applicants to the BCU Scholarship Program must fulfill all the eligibility requirements.
Student must be:
- A BCU member in good standing (not a parent’s account). Students can join the credit union the same day they apply.
- A high school senior.
- Planning to attend an accredited two- year or four- year college or university for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Puerto Rico members are eligible to apply.
Children of employees of BCU are ineligible to apply.