Our commitment to education doesn’t just mean helping members make sound decisions with their finances. We’re also dedicated to helping young people in our Credit Union community further their studies.
By granting up to 20 scholarships to high school seniors in the amount of $1,500 each, our goal is to help jumpstart students’ education and financial freedom.
See our Eligibility and Processes below for details.
2018 Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship winners for the 2018-2019 academic year have been chosen and contacted. In the coming weeks, you can check back here for more information.
Congrats to our 2017 Scholarship Program Winners!
Since 2014, the Credit Union has awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships to our collegebound members. Because of an overwhelming response from applicants, we are thrilled to announce that we have granted an additional five scholarships in 2017 to recognize the achievements of 25 exceptional students!
Meet our Winners
Are you the perfect candidate?
Student must be:
- A Credit Union member in good standing (not parent’s account)
- A high school senior
- Planning to attend an accredited 2+ year college or university for the _____ academic year
Not yet a member? It's easy! Join today.
- Complete the application
- Submit a short essay describing your personal finance goals and how you will approach future financial decisions
- Selection criteria includes academics, participation in school/community activities, and demonstration of core values
- Applications will be accepted from April 2 - May 17, 2018.
- Recipients will be notified in June/July 2018.
Scholarships aren’t the only way BCU can help pay for college. A student loan from the Credit Union can fill in gaps not covered by other forms of financial assistance. With low rates, flexible repayment terms, and no origination fee or pre-payment penalties, private student loans are one more example of how we are Here Today For Your Tomorrow.