We're awarding up to 20 scholarships, each in the amount of $1,500!
Our 2016 Scholarship Winners have been announced! See their stories. Please check back in early April for details regarding the 2017 application process.
Our commitment to education doesn't just mean helping members make sound decisions with their finances. We're also dedicated to helping young people in our Credit Union community further their studies.
That's why we're pleased to announce that BCU is once again granting up to 20 scholarships to high school seniors in the amount of $1,500 each.
Are you the perfect candidate? See the Eligibility and Process tab for details.
Scholarships aren't the only way BCU can help pay for college. A student loan from the Credit Union can fill in gaps not covered by other forms of financial assistance. With low rates, flexible repayment terms, and no origination fee or pre-payment penalties, private student loans are one more example of how We've Got Your Back.
EligibilityStudent must be:
- A Credit Union member in good standing (not parent’s account) Not yet a member? It's easy! Join today
- A high school senior
- Planning to attend an accredited 2+ year college or university for the 2016-17 academic year
- Complete the application
- Submit a short essay describing what the term “financial well-being” means to you and how you would describe the importance of financial security
- Selection criteria includes academics, participation in school/community activities, and demonstration of core values
- Applications will be accepted from April 15 - June 1, 2016
Hats Off to Our 2016 BCU Scholarship Recipients!